The Bell Clapper Cruise (its a race really) is another fun PCYC event open to all sailing and power members of PCYC.
Scheduled for Saturday, October 1st, this event is open to all sailing Members of PCYC. Whether you are a group of one or a fleet of fellow racers / cruisers it is a great excuse for a Saturday day sail and social.
Check out the EVENT RULES FOR FULL DETAILS. Results will be posted shortly after the race.
- The first warning signal will be at 1125.
- Skipper’s and crew meeting in the Chartroom at 1100 for the purposes of check-in and to present course information. (You need to check in so we know you are racing)
- The event is open to all mono hull boats racing Non-Flying Sails or Flying Sails, Cruisers and Power Boaters and participation must be entered by a member who is eligible for a mooring for that boat.
- Everyone starts in the bar, out to their boats they go, round the mark, and back to ring the bell!
- A complicated formula is used to calculate the 1st prize winner. Trophy, bragging rights and a pasta dinner for 2 (Courtesy of the Navigators) are up for grabs!
- Register by email to the VC Fleet at email@example.com.
- Deadline to register: 1700 Friday, September 30, 2022.
- A minimum of 10 boats must be registered and appear for the start in order for the race to proceed.
- Competitors are encouraged to make a voluntary donation to the “Navigators of PCYC”. Donations will be collected by the race committee at the skipper’s meeting.
After you have completed the Bell Clapper Cruise/Race, plan to stay the evening and join us for the PCYC Pasta Night - hosted by the Navigators! Contact Dave Sutman (firstname.lastname@example.org) for tickets!
Its going to be a fun weekend and its a great prelude to October 2nd's Turkey Race...