YOUTH DINGHY EVENTS WAIVER
COVID-19 WAIVER/Variants of Concern
Code of Conduct
By attending the Port Credit Yacht Club (the “Club”), you acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19/Variants of Concern and voluntarily assume the risk that your guests, family and you may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19/Variants of Concern by attending the Club and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. You understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19/Variants of Concern at the Club may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of yourself and others, including, but not limited to, Club employees, agents, representatives and other guests and their families.
You voluntarily agree to assume all the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to your guests, family or yourself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that your guests, family and you may experience or incur in connection with your attendance at the Club.
You further acknowledge that any of your family members or guests who attend at the Club have read and understand this document.
On your behalf, and on behalf of your family from the same household, by attending at the Club, you hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless the Club, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from any Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs, or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. You understand and agree that this includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the Club, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19/Variants of Concern infection occurs before, during, or after attendance at the Club.
If you think you are showing COVID-19/Variants of Concern symptoms or feel sick, or if you are living with a person who has such symptoms, please DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, COME TO THE CLUB. Stay at home, self-isolate and contact Glenn Williams at email@example.com. There are COVID-19/Variants of Concern self-assessment tools to help you determine next steps and if you need further assessment for COVID-19/Variants of Concern. https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/
If you, your guests, or family members have a condition whereby you are immunosuppressed or have a chronic illness, you should consult your physician or public health resources to help you decide if you should come to the Club.
Rowan's Law (Concussion Awareness)
Rowan’s Law is in effect in Ontario. To review current information and requirement, check the Ontario Sailing website: https://ontariosailing.ca/concussion-information/
Competitors and Support Persons under the age of 26, need to:
• confirm they have read the Ministry Approved Concussion Awareness Resource.
• confirm they have reviewed, and committed to, the Ontario Sailing Athlete Concussion Code of Conduct. https://ontariosailing.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Code-of-Conduct-Sail-Designated-Person.pdf
Sail Canada Code of Conduct
I, am a youth athlete (defined as under the age of 18) training and competing in the sport of sailing. I understand that while competing, training and participating in the sailing community I must:
• Abide by the Sail Canada Code of Conduct
• Respect fellow sailors, volunteers, staff and coaches
• Be gracious in victory and defeat, be co-operative, sportsmanlike and always remain a team player. I will remember that my actions on and off the water reflect not only on me but my sailing organization as well.
• Regard the Racing Rules of Sailing as a form of agreement. The Rules represent the spirit as well as the letter of this agreement, which I shall not evade or break.
• Treat all venues, public areas, facilities as well as other people’s property as I would my own. I understand that any wilful destruction of property or theft is not permitted. Full payment will be required for any destruction.
• Not get involved in any act considered to be an offence or violation under federal, provincial or local laws.
• Neither possess nor use any prohibited drugs, alcohol, cigarettes or non-medical drugs while attending a Sail Canada, PSA or member club run event
• Neither possess nor use any drugs listed as banned substances by WADA at any time while a competitive athlete or other banned methods (such as blood doping) (see https://www.wada-ama.org/en/what-we-do/the-prohibited-list)
• Become aware of what “anti-doping” is all about, and ensure that any medications / prescribed drugs / nutritional supplements I take are not considered banned/restricted substances (visit www.cces.ca for more information).
• Refrain from bullying in any form, including cyberbullying or any other form of social or other media I understand that the regatta jury, and/or Sail Canada personnel on site and/or the Organizing Authority shall investigate any disciplinary problems that arise. If it is decided that I am not adhering to the above guidelines, the following may be pursued: a) Termination of my participation in the given event; b) Removal of my right to compete in future related events; c) Withdrawal of funding for future Sail Canada / Provincial Sailing Association / Club events and teams; d) I may be subject to further discipline by Sail Canada and/or the Provincial Sailing Association.