By attending the Port Credit Yacht Club (the “Club”), you acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that your guests, family and you may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending the Club and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. You understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the Club may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of yourself and others, including, but not limited to, Club employees, agents, representatives and other guests and their families.
You voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to your guests, family or yourself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that your guests, family and you may experience or incur in connection with your attendance at the Club.
You further acknowledge that you have provided a copy of this information to any of your family members or guests which you have or will permit to attend at the Club, and that each family member and guest has read and understands this document.
On your behalf, and on behalf of your family from the same household, by attending at the Club, you hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless the Club, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from any Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. You understand and agree that this includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the Club, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after attendance at the Club.
By attending the Club, you agree to follow the Port Credit Yacht Club COVID-19 Code of Conduct and confirm that you, members of your direct household or your guests:
- have not travelled out of province or out of the country in the last two weeks,
- have not been in contact with anyone identified as COVID-19 positive or showing symptoms of COVID-19; and,
- do not feel sick or show any COVID-19 symptoms (such as fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, or headache).
If you think you are showing COVID-19 symptoms or feel sick, or if you are living with a person who has such symptoms please, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, COME TO THE CLUB. Stay at home, self-isolate and contact Glenn Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are under a government mandated self-isolation period, you are required to complete it before coming to the Club. There are COVID-19 self-assessment tools to help you determine next steps and if you need further assessment for COVID-19. https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/ and https://ca.thrive.health/covid19/en
If you, your guests or family members have a condition whereby you are immunosuppressed or have a chronic illness, you should consult your physician or public health resources to help you decide if you should come to the Club.
PCYC COVID-19 WAIVER & CODE OF CONDUCT 31/07/2020 2 CODE OF CONDUCT:
Everyone who comes to the Club must first read this document and be ready and equipped to fully abide by its provisions. This Code explains rules of behaviour so that all members and their guests know exactly what is expected during the phases of re-opening. As the situation evolves, we will issue revised versions which will explain how we will continue to work together as we enjoy more activities at the Club within government and public health restrictions. The decisions that every one of us make now, and in the days ahead, will continue to define what the boating season will look like for 2020.
PCYC’s COVID-19 Code of Conduct is based on these principles which guide our actions through this challenging time and reflect our core values as a Club:
- Keeping the safety and well-being of our members and staff as our top priority.
- Following the direction and guidance of our Canadian Government, including Health Canada and provincial and municipal authorities.
- Treating each other with respect, and each of us doing our part to ensure a safe place for all.
HELP STOP THE SPREAD OF COVID-19: What You Do and How you Behave Matters
- Follow all instructions from staff.
- The Club will post specific protocols (take out, pool, dock, etc.) throughout the property and on the Dock Office information board. Please look out for, read, and follow all instructions.
- Any closed areas of the Clubhouse or other facilities are strictly off limits to members and unauthorized personnel.
- Members may bring guests to the Club even if they are not part of your immediate household.
- Children under the age of 15, must always be supervised.
- As a community we try and help each other out but only do so when physical distancing can be observed.
- Comply with municipal, provincial, and federal directives regarding COVID-19.
- Maximize physical distancing by making changes in your regular routines and behaviours at the Club, including:
- Keep a distance of at least 6 feet (approximately 2 metres) from others and follow physical distancing markings where posted (e.g., take-out areas, pool, Dock Office, etc.)
- Continue to wear a face covering (mask, bandana, buff, scarf) when on the docks and when you are less than 6 feet from others – this is especially important as the size of social gatherings allowed by the Province continues to grow. All persons entering or remaining in any of the indoor spaces at PCYC must wear a face covering that securely covers the nose, mouth and chin as required under the City of Mississauga by-law no. 0169-2020
- Step aside or pass others quickly and courteously while on docks, boardwalk or pathways
- Dock carts are available for use at own risk and must be returned to dock cart areas and wiped down with sanitizer.
- Gazebo BBQs will be available for use, at your own risk, to cook meals.
- Practice Good Hand Hygiene – to help reduce the risk of infection or spreading infection to others:
- Whenever possible, we encourage you to use your onboard shower and washroom facilities.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- When coughing or sneezing, cough or sneeze into a tissue or the bend of your arm, not your hand.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Dispose of used sanitizing wipes, PPE and other waste in designated waste receptacles
Everyone coming to the Club must carry a face covering and wear it over the nose and mouth when on the docks, in any of the indoor spaces at PCYC or you are about to be 6 ft (2 meters) from another person.
Any violation of the COVID-19 Code of Conduct shall be brought to the attention of any Flag Officer or Club staff, who will then bring the matter to the attention of the General Manager at the earliest available opportunity.