The Port Credit Yacht Club is a year round, private club dedicated to member enjoyment through excellence in yachting, facilities, services and social activities.
To be the Yacht Club of choice with the most satisfied members on Lake Ontario.
We know we will have achieved this when:
- Facilities - Our year round, state of the art facility operates a centre of yachting excellence in partnership with the city and community over an extended lease term beyond 2038.
- Activities – engaged members actively choose to use club facilities for diverse activities creating a culture of ‘sold out’ member events among both the power and sail fleets as well as non-boating and family social activities.
- Administration/Management – PCYC is viewed as a full service, ‘good governance’ club with professional, dedicated staff providing internal and community leadership in all aspects of operations and planning.
- Membership – There is a waiting list of diverse members in all categories built through effective internal and external marketing including a winter fleet and a healthy list of reciprocals across the lake and Canada.
- Financial – The club is financially sound (long and short term) and key financial decisions are based on the satisfaction of a diverse membership and overall improvement of the entire club and is recognized as a leader in this area among its peers.
Our core values ground our decision-making. We support the following value statements as central to our vision and all that we do:
Friendly & Welcoming: We welcome anyone to become a member of our yachting community.
Member Satisfaction: We encourage members to participate in activities to meet or exceed their expectations including racing, cruising, dining, social and other club experiences.
Excellence: We are committed to excellence in our facilities, services, training and programming and club management.
Responsibility: We are responsible to our members, staff, and community to provide safe and healthy facilities, minimal impacts on the natural environment, and fiscal prudence.
Innovation & Continuous Improvement: We are proud of our past and committed to continued success by listening, learning and evolving to meet changing needs.
Relationships: We truly value being a member with its privileges and responsibilities, treating each other with respect, and doing our part to ensure an enjoyable place for all.